Saturday, December 8, 2007

Little Doggy Poo Poo

Friends, we have a new member of the family. She's a 10-year-old Shih Tzu named Tzunami. Here she is:Here she is watching TV with me (notice that I won't let her hold the remote, because she's always switching to Animal Planet):And here she is in a giraffe costume. Oh, the indignity! I expect PETA to show up any time now:When Tzunami needs to poop she first performs an elaborate dance over some special spot in the grass, a spot that changes every day and that that only she can find. Her dance steps trace a sequence of connected circles forming a figure 8. It takes a while. I don't have any videos of her doing that (I can't figure out how to work the video camera), but it looks a lot like this educational video:Click here for bee dance videoNow we know that she's not just pooping, but also telling us where we can find a field of pollen-heavy flowers, relative to the sun. I don't have any recording of Tzunami performing the actual act, so here's video of a bee doing it.
Click here for bee poop video

3 comments:

  1. Everybody knows "Tzunami" is a cover, her real name is Pwinssess:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=756dOpuR_nE

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. For the first week we were calling her pinssess in an all-too-cartmanny voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Tzunami, and I hope her eye appt. goes well today.

    ReplyDelete